Last updated: Feb 16th, 2019
- Cookies: A cookie is a piece of information that is placed on your web browser when you access and/or use the Services that stores text and which can later be read back by the Services or third parties. They are used to recognize your browser.
- Pixel Tags (aka Clear GIFs or Web Beacons): A pixel tag is a tiny invisible tag or graphic placed on certain parts of the Services, in emails or in certain other downloadable content, but not on your computer, mobile device or browser.
- Local Shared Objects (aka Flash Cookies) A local shared object is similar to a cookie, except it is stored on your computer or mobile device, instead of your browser, and it can store more than just text. The methods for controlling local shared objects are different than the methods for controlling cookies (as discussed below).
- Web Storage (aka HTML5 Local Storage) Web storage methods are similar to cookies but can store more information than cookies and usually store that information on a persistent basis.
- Cookies Cookies may be session cookies (i.e., last only for one browser session) or persistent cookies (i.e., continue in your browser until they are affirmatively deleted). You can manage cookies through your web browser’s option settings and through those settings you may be able (i) to receive notifications when you are receiving new cookies, (ii) to disable cookies or (iii) to delete cookies. Please refer to your web browser’s help section for information on how to do this.
- Pixel Tags Pixel tags do not store information on your computer, mobile device or browser (although they are occasionally downloaded to your computer if contained in an email or other downloadable content) so cannot be managed by you.
- Local Shared Objects Local shared objects are stored on your computer or mobile device.
- Web Storage Web Storage, or HTML5 Local Storage, is an industry-standard data storage technology that is implemented by browser manufacturers. Refer to your browser’s help contents for procedures on how to manage settings for Web Storage.
- Performance/Analytics We use these technologies to analyze how you use our Services and to monitor our Services. For example, we may place cookies that allow us (i) to measure the time of your requests to our servers and our responses, (ii) to A/B test new features, (iii) to record statistics about site usage, (iv) to track your activities on the Services, and (v) to track the places from which you come to the Services.
- Functionality We use these technologies to allow us to provide certain functionality on the Services and to remember your preferences. For instance, when you click the “remember me” box on our log in page we place a persistent cookie on your browser that allows our Services to pre-populate your email address when you return. Other examples include remembering your preferences (such as language and location preferences), preventing web application vulnerabilities, allowing for Facebook Connect and other third party integrations, and in connection with providing search results.
- Advertising We use these technologies to deliver advertisements to you both on and off the Services. By using these technologies we hope to better tailor these advertisements to your interests. Sometimes this is called online behavioral or interest based advertising. Some (but not all) of the third party services that we use in this context participate in industry bodies that allow you to opt out of such use. As of the date hereof, we use technologies from Google, Bing/Yahoo, Perfect Audience, Retargeter and Qualtrics for such purposes.
- Specific Reason: If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
- Access and Use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to monitor your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, if you supply payment information (e.g., bank account or credit card information) to the Services for the purpose of purchasing tickets as a Buyer or processing payments as an Organizer, we will use that information to facilitate such purchase or process such payments.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including without limitation to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
- Organizer Emails: We allow Organizers to use our email system to contact Buyers for their current and past events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Organizers.
Welcome to TicketMozo.com. TicketMozo.com (“TicketMozo”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) enables people all over North America (United States and Canada) to plan, promote, and sell tickets to any event. And we make it easy for everyone to discover events, and to share the events they are attending with the people they know. We do this through our websites and domains, the services available on or through our websites and domains or otherwise provided by us, and the software available on or through our websites and domains or otherwise provided by us (including our mobile applications) (collectively, the “Services”).
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by using the following email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
1. Personal Data:
Organizers: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services, such as when you register for access to the Services as an Organizer, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys or use certain Services. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address and other personally identifiable information. In some cases we may collect your credit card information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), some of which may constitute Personal Data, to secure certain payments. In addition, if you use our payment processing services, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments and information required for tax purposes (e.g., your taxpayer identification number).
2. Non-Personal Data:
Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with the Services, we collect certain personally non-identifiable information (“Non-Personal Data”). The Non-Personal Data we collect includes without limitation Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet browser type, other characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Services, the time of your usage and aggregated Personal Data that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you. We also collect Non-Personal Data (including, without limitation, of the type set forth above) from third parties. The information we collect from third parties may be combined with the information we collect.
3. Cookies, Pixels Tags, Local Shared Objects, Web Storage and Similar Technologies:
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by using the following email: email@example.com.
What are cookies, pixel tags (aka clear GIFs or web beacons), local shared objects and web storage?
How can I manage these technologies?
What do you use these technologies for?
Generally we use these technologies for one of the following reasons:
Does anybody else use these technologies on your Services?
Most of the cookies and other technologies described above on our Services are set by us (aka first party cookies) or are used in connection with the Services and set by third party service providers at our direction (“Third Party Cookies”). We may use Third Party Cookies with respect to each of the uses set forth above. For example, we use technologies from Google Analytics to measure performance/analytics and technologies from Facebook to provide Facebook Connect functionality. Occasionally, a third party such as a TicketMozo organizer may use these technologies on their event pages for their own purposes.
Our Use of Information That We Collect:
1. Personal Data:
2. Non-Personal Data:
Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may use such information for any lawful purpose.
Our Disclosure of Information That We Collect:
1. Personal Data:
We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, ticket fulfillment, fraud prevention, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (iii) to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (iv) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (v) to protect against legal liability.
2. Non-Personal Data:
Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may disclose, transfer or share Non-Personal Data for any lawful purpose.
You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data:
Limit the Personal Data You Provide: You can use the Services without providing any Personal Data or with limiting the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Services. For instance, in order to open an account, or buy or sell tickets, your name and email address will be required.
Do Not Track: We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your Personal Data.
Links to Other Web Sites:
Storage and Security:
We may store Personal Data itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data via the Internet.
International Privacy Laws:
Other Terms and Conditions:
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service.
Access to Information:
Organizers may access and update their Personal Data being stored by us by logging in and visiting the My Account page. Organizers may also contact us directly at the address specified below with respect to Personal Data that is not accessible through the My Account page. Buyers and other non-Organizers do not have a formal account with TicketMozo, however, you can create a formal account by signing up. After signing up, you can update and access your Personal Data on the My Account page. Buyers and other non-Organizers can also contact us directly with requests to update Personal Data at the address specified below. We will take reasonable steps to respond to requests relating to Personal Data within 30 days, however, we may reject requests that we find to be unreasonable (i.e., require disproportionate efforts or material changes to our information systems), impractical or abusive (i.e., repetitive requests, requests made in bad faith, requests that would compromise third party information). Note that you may not have access to or the ability to update Non-Personal Data, much of which is held in aggregate form.
Retention and Deletion:
We may retain your Personal Data as long as you continue to use the Services. You may close your account by contacting us. However, we may retain Personal Data and Non-Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media and other information systems.
If you have a complaint about TicketMozo’s privacy practices you should write to us at TicketMozo.com 2450 Peralta Blvd. Suite 214, Fremont, CA 94536 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint.